Rust Remover Gel
- Remove loose rust with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper
Under some conditions a light deposit of flash rust can develop. This can be wiped off or overcoated when dry. Tp prevent new rust forming the surface should be overcoated the same day. For best results use the appropriate product from the Hammerite metalcare range.
- Brush apply Hammerite Rust Remover liberally.
- Work the gel into the surface giving a coating of 1.5mm.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes. Repeat, brush working with additional gel as necessary at 30 minute intervals for a period of 2 to 3 hours or until rust is removed.
- Wash with clean running water using a wire brush to assist.
- If the rust has not been completely removed repeat the procedure.
Cleaning & Storage
Clean brush with water. Hammerite Rust Remover Gel should be stored in a dry well ventilated area. Protect from frost and direct sunlight.