Restore your radiators
Radiators can bring down the look of your home if they are chipped or discoloured, particualrly if you have redecorated the rest of the room they are in. Give them a clean, fresh lease of life with Radiator Paint from Hammerite. It is specially formulated to withstand the heat and reduce the possibility of discoloration.
- If radiator has recently been in use, ensure it has cooled entirely before beginning.
- To get the best finish, rub down the radiator with sandpaper and remove all dust and debris afterwards.
- If you are painting a bare radiator, use Anti-Rust Primer on the bare metal.
- Depending on your preference, the radiator can be painted whilst on or off the wall. If it is being painted whilst on the wall, ensure that the wall behind and floor underneath are fully covered.
- Take care not to paint over any valves or knobs in case you accidentally seal them with the paint.
- Once you have applied the paint with a good quality brush, leave it to dry thoroughly for a few days before turning the radiator on to harden the surface