Shabby and dirty railings such as these give off a poor first impression of your property. This problem can be easily solved using Hammerite, and once the task is finished it will look good for years to come.
- Prepare the railings by abrading them with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper to remove any flaking paint or loose rust.
- Wash away any grease, dirt or mould with a mild detergent and allow to dry.
- Protect the surrounding area from paint splashes using a dust sheet or newspaper.
- Using a good quality brush, apply a thin coat of either Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth or Direct to Rust Metal Paint Satin.
- Leave to dry for the time specified on the tin before applying a second coat.
- If you have bare galvanised metal railings, they can be painted using Hammerite Direct to Galvanised Metal paint.